Prepare the following:
1) Plan to have a beginning knowledge of the characters of the show to know what you are interested in auditioning for.
2) Read from the script
3)We may ask you to read other portions
4) Sing 30-45 seconds of anything of your choice
5) Monologue - 30-45 seconds of anything to show your range
6) Vocal Range Check
Samples from the show
Click HERE to view script samples
Welcome to Kent City Drama Club!
At Kent City Drama club we are committed presenting opportunities for students to grow as actors but most importantly as people. We want students to realize that ALL parts of a play/musical are important. Whether you have 100 lines or no lines - you play a vital role in whisking our audience away to another place and taking them on a magical journey.
Practice schedule is tentatively set as follows:
Monday - 3-5pm
Tuesday - No Rehearsal
Wednesday - 3-5pm
Thursday - 3-5pm
Friday - 3-5pm
Saturday - 9am-12pm
Potential Sunday afternoon practices closer to the show
Set Construction - Will occur within one month of the production (Spring Break too)
Some important things to keep in mind:
1) Commitment - We produce musicals and plays on a very short timeline. It is IMPERATIVE that you are in attendance to rehearsals. We are also a small school so we realize that we might share actors with sports and school sponsored activities, however, work does not count for that. If you are cast for a role, please communicate with your employer your available hours. If you miss consistently with/without excuse we reserve the right to cast you into a different role and re-assign someone to cover your role (or you may just be cut). Also, please note that the last 2 weeks of the production are critical. Unless approved by Mr. Schnicke, NO one is to miss any rehearsal the last 2 weeks of the production. STAY HEALTHY - WEAR MASKS!
2) Academics - It is very important to maintain a quality gpa during your time in the Drama Club. We will be checking eligibility this year. If you are struggling/failing, I might send you out of a rehearsal to get extra help. Do not get behind in your classwork. There are LOTS of kids in drama that will help you.
3) Drama Shirt - We don't charge "dues" to be in drama, thus, we don't give our casts free show shirts. We expect everyone in the cast/crew to purchase a show shirt to help promote the show. Details will be distributed soon.
4) Promotion - Cast members are expected to promote the show. This occurs through social media, word of mouth, hanging posters in store fronts....however you can get people to attend.
5 ) Headshots/Cast Photos
- Disclaimer - your image will be used to help promote the show whether it be part of our cast board or on Facebook/Social Media. If your parents do not want your image to be used for marketing and promotion of this musical than you might want to consider a spot on the tech crews.
Character List, click here